Monday, September 3, 2012

Good-bye

It's finally here. I'm leaving the day after tomorrow for New York City. Wow I can't even get it through my mind that in 4 days I will be landing in Rome. It doesn't seem real at all. I've said my good-byes to almost everyone and it's weird to think that the next time I see them will be in July. I'm almost done packing, I have to finish today.  The weight limit for our main luggage is 44 pounds and mines already 50 pounds and I'm not even done.. so my parents decided that we're going to pay the extra $150 and I'll be able to bring 70 lbs instead. Thank you so much mom & dad, you made my life 10000 million times easier <3

My going away party with my friends was on Saturday night. It was a little crazy alot more people than I expected showed up and there was a rumor that someone brought alcohol to the party and called the cops so alot of my friends left early. Honestly that was a little rough for me, halfway through the party when people were leaving I started crying. It hurt me that someone would make up lies like that and people actually believed them because I didn't get to spend as much time with everyone as I wanted too. But oh well it's not the end of the world, I still had so much fun with everyone who stayed! Some people made me cards and got me presents, it was so sweet. One of my good friends Tyler made me a slideshow with pictures and my favorite songs, it was so thoughtful.  Everyone signed a poster board and reading all of the notes made me so thankful to have such amazing friends. I love you all and am going to miss you so much! Don't have too much fun in Ohio without me (;

Round 2 of parties was on Sunday and this one was much more relaxed. My family and family friends all came over for breadsticks and rigatoni. It was supposed to rain that day but it ended up being a beautiful day. I love my family so much and am really going to miss them. They've done so much for me to be able to go to Italy. It means so much to me <3 When my little 3 year old cousin yelled "Buon Viaggio Jacqueline!" out the window as they drove away my heart melted. It's going to be so weird not seeing everyone for 10 months but I know they'll be here for me when I get back.

The presents and cards from my family and friends and the signed poster board, thank you so much everyone! (:
The cake we got for my going away party with my family, I love it!

Putting Euro's in my walled makes everything seem so real.
Hopefully the next time I post, I will have landed safely in Rome! Arrivederci! (:

No comments:

Post a Comment